South Carolina was named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s most dangerous states for motorcycles. From unaccommodating roads to inattentive motorists, motorcyclists face a range of problems as they ride. More than 130 motorcyclists were killed on South Carolina roads in 2017, and far more suffered serious injuries.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina due to another driver’s negligence, the team at the Law Offices of N. David DuRant & Associates will help you pursue the financial compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering.
The Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents occur for many different reasons, including the distracted and negligent driving of other vehicles on the road.
- Cars and trucks alike often fail to thoroughly check their blind spot or signal when changing lanes, which can cause a vicious crash between the vehicle and motorcycle.
- Other drivers do not stop soon enough and end up rear-ending a motorcyclist. Given the significantly smaller size and weight of a motorcycle compared to a car, van, or truck, these accidents can be deadly.
- Left turn accidents account for a large number of motorcycle accidents when other vehicles misjudge distances or don’t see a motorcycle approaching in oncoming traffic.
- Other drivers who speed, drive under the influence, and text behind the wheel also cause motorcycle accidents that could have been easily prevented with more responsible decisions.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries Can Be Devastating
The types of crashes that might only result in bruises on the people involved in vehicle-to-vehicle accidents become far more dangerous when a motorcyclist is involved. Whether you are rear-ended, side-swiped, or run off the road, your motorcycle does not offer you the protection that you need to survive an accident without severe injuries.
It is for this reason that it is so important to turn to a law firm like the Law Offices of N. David DuRant & Associates in Myrtle Beach to fight for what you deserve after your accident. The insurance adjuster representing the at-fault driver does not have an interest in your financial, physical, or emotional wellbeing; he is merely responsible for maintaining the financial interests of his insurance company.
Act Immediately After Your Motorcycle Accident to Recover Damages
Your first priority after a motorcycle accident is to seek medical attention and ensure that your life is not endanger. As soon as you are able, you should seek the expertise of a personal injury attorney to handle your motorcycle accident. An attorney at the Law Offices of N. David DuRant & Associates will gather evidence and file your claim to fight any insurance company’s attempt to rob you of the compensation you need for:
- Lost work time and wages
- Past and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Damage to your motorcycle or other property
By seeking legal council immediately, you ensure that mistakes, forgetfulness, and lost evidence do not impact the damages you are entitled to receive. At the Law Offices of N. David DuRant & Associates, it is our goal to help you pursue the highest settlement possible. Call (843) 353-4200 now to get our team on your side.